Ethan made a grain-free strawberry rhubarb crisp for me for Mother’s Day. It was so delicious!
This is an easy recipe that is very versatile. You can substitute whatever fruit you want. The tartness of the rhubarb and the sweetness of the strawberry combine for a great balance.
For more rhubarb recipes, check out our rhubarb recipe roundup – 12 Rhubarb Recipes to Try This Season.
Grain-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
This is a easy grain-free recipe and a perfect summer dessert.
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm honey and butter until just melted.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Add chopped nuts and mix.
- Put the fruit in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Crumble the topping over the fruit.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes. Remove when topping is golden brown and fruit is baked through.