This is a very simple and easy banana bread recipe but it is SO good. My mom has been using this recipe for over 40 years and now I’ve turned it over to the third generation.
In the video, we used a 9×5 Pyrex glass loaf pan because everything else was still in storage. However, I prefer either metal or stoneware pans for baking quick breads. Some day, I’d love to try a cast iron loaf pan.
Grandma's Easy and Tasty Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 bananas over ripe
- 1 tbsp soured milk or yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg, bananas, and soured milk and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. If using a convection oven, be sure to reduce baking time accordingly.
In this video, Ethan walks you through his grandma’s banana bread recipe. The bread appears a bit overdone at the end because he forgot to adjust the baking time for convection. If you have a convection oven, be sure to reduce the baking time accordingly.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all our recipes here.